Smaller than Life
Why a blog? Simple. Cacoethes Scribendi -- the urge to write! My literary pretensions and caprices bring me here. Like any writer I write to be read. All my posts, though fettered to my small world and trivially myopic, will live and yearn that somebody connects to them someday. Cognitive frenzies, sardonic musings, aimless banters, incoherent ramblings and trivial indulgences; this is simply an episodic narrative of my trivial world -- in a grain of sand… Smaller than Life.

Graffiti

When I am dead,
I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet,
but his books were read'.

- Hillaire Belloc

This is my letter to the world
That never wrote to me, --
The simple news that Nature told
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!

- Emily Dickinson

The thoughts of our past years
          in me doth breed
Perpetual benediction

- William Wordsworth

Thursday, April 01, 2004
 
Vibrancy

It is quite unfortunate. Indeed. Had only Shakespeare seen her, he would have mused, "Vibrancy, thy name is Woman!" It is indeed unfortunate that Shakespeare did not see her. Well, I am not getting romantic; I am quite incapable of romance. But the first words that emerged out of the the many rivulets of kaleidoscopic emotions that gushed to my mind (not to speak of my heart) when I first spoke to her were very precisely these. She has simply captured my imagination as a very cheery, bright and enterprising lady.

In fact, upon deeper retrospection, I have many a time relegated her to the status of a very normal woman; diligent, woman-like and conformist. And, at face value, every word of it is true. And you hold fort until you speak to her. In fact, had I been a maudlin romantic, I would have gushed, "Until you are swept off your feet by a voice that gargles like the brook; by a countenance that gushes like the river; by a demeanour that is as pleasing as a lotus; by time that stops like the stillness of the lake." But one thing I will have to admit: had I not given her this reverberating sobriquet, I would have simply called her as the Brook. When she gushes, you cannot help but be swept off your feet. I think she is worth most similes in the passage and probably this eulogy. Again, the Romantic would have mused in nostalgia, "She fleeted across my life for merely a month; and her feet have left some of the deepest impressions in the deserts of my mind." But I merely wish her well and hope she does not end up drifting into normalcy. I'm sure everytime she breezes past in the waves of peoples' reminiscence, the recidivist romantic will jump, unable to suppress an echo: "Oh! Vibrancy, thy name is woman!"



Comments via Blogger:

Post a Comment


 

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Vista © The Jack