Smaller than Life
Why a blog? Simple. Cacoethes Scribendi -- the urge to write! My literary pretensions and caprices bring me here. Like any writer I write to be read. All my posts, though fettered to my small world and trivially myopic, will live and yearn that somebody connects to them someday. Cognitive frenzies, sardonic musings, aimless banters, incoherent ramblings and trivial indulgences; this is simply an episodic narrative of my trivial world -- in a grain of sand… Smaller than Life.

Graffiti

When I am dead,
I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet,
but his books were read'.

- Hillaire Belloc

This is my letter to the world
That never wrote to me, --
The simple news that Nature told
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!

- Emily Dickinson

The thoughts of our past years
          in me doth breed
Perpetual benediction

- William Wordsworth

Friday, June 24, 2005
 
Anachronistic Flashes

"It is customary to make three pradhakshinas or nine. I am stopping with three. You can go ahead and make nine if you want," she looked up at him and elaborated, before her lotus feet proceeded on the marble alleys of the Saraswathi temple to circumambulate the goddess deity a last time. The boy followed her. The truant wind could all but contend himself with the smell of the red earth and raindrops: he wafted the scent of the jasmines from the neat plait of her oiled hair across the alley. The spell had been cast. Her dark green duppatta, immaculately pinned over the left shoulder of her dark green chudidhar, fluttered gently in the gust as she looked out for a second at the pouring rain. Myriad droplets thrashed against her powdered face as more dots adorning the dotted vermillion and neat ash. And her countenance, for a second, belying her calm, appeared ruffled by the tiny droplets. Were the six more rounds of God worth the separation?



Comments via Blogger:

Simply beautiful!

:))
Very nicely done...I love the last line.

love it!!!!

probably.. those last six of seperation made the worth of the first three of togetherness stand out..

wonderful description!!!with nice
artistic flavor!so is this to be continued..

Post a Comment


 

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Vista © The Jack