Smaller than Life
Why a blog? Simple. Cacoethes Scribendi -- the urge to write! My literary pretensions and caprices bring me here. Like any writer I write to be read. All my posts, though fettered to my small world and trivially myopic, will live and yearn that somebody connects to them someday. Cognitive frenzies, sardonic musings, aimless banters, incoherent ramblings and trivial indulgences; this is simply an episodic narrative of my trivial world -- in a grain of sand… Smaller than Life.

Graffiti

When I am dead,
I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet,
but his books were read'.

- Hillaire Belloc

This is my letter to the world
That never wrote to me, --
The simple news that Nature told
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!

- Emily Dickinson

The thoughts of our past years
          in me doth breed
Perpetual benediction

- William Wordsworth

Tuesday, May 25, 2004
 
A Comedy of Error Corrections!

A few days ago I had requested in a letter to the Academic Division of BITS, Pilani my academic transcripts. The transcripts, which they had apparently dispatched very promptly, was sent back to them undelivered, the person reported indignantly. I subsequently unravelled the conundrum. MS word Spell Checker had automatically capitalised the 'i' when I had typed 'i2 Technologies' in my address in the requisition letter. And the person who dispatched the transcripts beat the Spell Checker hollow. He, with some contrived ingenuity, corrected the I2 (read i2) in the MS Word-tampered address to the number 12. As a result, the postman had on his hand the wild goose chase of ferreting out amongst woods, nooks and creeks, the fictitious corporate building of Twelve Technologies. Postmen seldom like geese, not to speak of the wild ones. So he promptly threw a fit and sent it back to the sender, after having it stamped 'Undelivered'.

The person at BITS clarified with great relish that the package, which they had posted a fortnight ago, was still with them, safe.



Comments via Blogger:

Post a Comment


 

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Vista © The Jack