Smaller than Life
Why a blog? Simple. Cacoethes Scribendi -- the urge to write! My literary pretensions and caprices bring me here. Like any writer I write to be read. All my posts, though fettered to my small world and trivially myopic, will live and yearn that somebody connects to them someday. Cognitive frenzies, sardonic musings, aimless banters, incoherent ramblings and trivial indulgences; this is simply an episodic narrative of my trivial world -- in a grain of sand… Smaller than Life.

Graffiti

When I am dead,
I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet,
but his books were read'.

- Hillaire Belloc

This is my letter to the world
That never wrote to me, --
The simple news that Nature told
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!

- Emily Dickinson

The thoughts of our past years
          in me doth breed
Perpetual benediction

- William Wordsworth

Thursday, May 06, 2004
 
When the Jive went for a dive…

I wrote this mail to the group on Dexter's attempt at dancing!

Guys,

I have two passions in life; I do not know if I've told you at all. The second is women. Against all my nobler pretensions, I must admit that my heart bleeds whenever I see the pool of pretty dames drying up; when one more of my apparitions evanesces in the face of reality; when one more of my probable paramours pick out a grotesque, rusticated good-for-nothing. And of late the entire wing being abuzz with Dance Workshop (DW), with Moo and Dexter spinning those fantastic yarns about their exploits with their legs and their lasses, has done my spirits little good.

Dexter, in particular, has never given me an opportunity to feel unenvious these days. Whenever he talks about DW, it’s only the possibility of an X or a Y squabbling with each other for the second to tango. Talk to him for five minutes and he nauseates you with a big list of dainty damsels that are head-over-heels about him. The last thing I remember him bragging about was about he executed the best 'twist' of a DW session.

Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn't have expected Dexter to twist gracefully. But even I, not of a particularly altruistic disposition, did not expect this twist. We were in Sky discussing a funereal scene, in fact a funeral scene, of the EDC street play when someone suggested that it would look 'streetplayish' to get four people to lift the dead body. One of them drove home the point, "Yes. It will come out really well. Also, Dexter and I have little to do in the play." People seemed to contemplate the plausibility of the idea when a certain damsel screeched, "No! Not Dexter. Not after he dropped that skinny girl during the DW jive!" At which point I could do little as the director to restore the sanity; far from it I could hardly prevent myself from rolling over the grass, splitting my sides. Little did I expect this twist!

Dexter had, as usual, become the centre of distraction of the place! The more I think about this, the lesser I can help myself from laughing out in public. I'm instantly reminded about the advertisement in which the man, in a desperate attempt to hold his lady-love and pants ends up clinging on to the latter and watching the lady make a headlong dive from the table on to the floor! Every time I picture Dexter doing something similar I laugh out in public places and end up looking like an imbecile! In my defence, all I can say is try thinking about the same! Dexter vehemently objects saying that both their palms were sweaty! When I feel like furthering his misery with an inquiring frown, "Sweaty?!..." And, I believe K asked them both to pair up again the next day, only to hear his death-knell being sounded by the victim! And, the re-pair couldn't be done; the repair was done!

And, (forgive the sadistic inclinations) I must admit that nothing has ever pleased me more than writing about Dexter, his antics and his misfortunes. When he reacts you can see all of the EEE circuits short circuiting simultaneously! Regardless of my preoccupations and obligations, I will continue to pull his dancing leg with conviction passionately and shamelessly. For I have already told you; I have two passions in life. The second is women...

Yours,
Me


 

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Vista © The Jack