Smaller than Life
Why a blog? Simple. Cacoethes Scribendi -- the urge to write! My literary pretensions and caprices bring me here. Like any writer I write to be read. All my posts, though fettered to my small world and trivially myopic, will live and yearn that somebody connects to them someday. Cognitive frenzies, sardonic musings, aimless banters, incoherent ramblings and trivial indulgences; this is simply an episodic narrative of my trivial world -- in a grain of sand… Smaller than Life.

Graffiti

When I am dead,
I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet,
but his books were read'.

- Hillaire Belloc

This is my letter to the world
That never wrote to me, --
The simple news that Nature told
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!

- Emily Dickinson

The thoughts of our past years
          in me doth breed
Perpetual benediction

- William Wordsworth

Wednesday, September 08, 2004
 
A Matter of Perspectives

Yesterday saw some of my friends indulging in savouries and sweetmeats preparations. The reason for the sudden conviviality and celebrations was the fact that Krishna Jayanthi (The Birth Anniversary of the Lord Krishna) was being celebrated back in India on the day.

I told them that Lord Krishna is popular nationwide in the US as well. I told them that Krishna must be ubiquitous; in the air, in concrete walls, in wooden slabs. They thought, I was vainly trying to dissimulate a 'Prahaladha', and by playing on their thoughts, I was trying to pull a fast one on them. I tried my best to convince them; I cannot deal with froward mules.

As if to prove my point, I went out and bought shirts and pants in one of the many 75% discount sales specially put up for the day. They gaped. I had to drill into their thick heads that it was merely a matter of perspectives. We Indians celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna. Trying to do things differently is US’ wont. After Mother's day, Father's day and the many other days, it has decided to acknowledge Devaki, Krishna’s mother, for ushering into the world the Lord Himself and has called the day 'Labour Day'. Just matter of perspectives, you see.



Comments via Blogger:

Post a Comment


 

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Vista © The Jack