Smaller than Life
Why a blog? Simple. Cacoethes Scribendi -- the urge to write! My literary pretensions and caprices bring me here. Like any writer I write to be read. All my posts, though fettered to my small world and trivially myopic, will live and yearn that somebody connects to them someday. Cognitive frenzies, sardonic musings, aimless banters, incoherent ramblings and trivial indulgences; this is simply an episodic narrative of my trivial world -- in a grain of sand… Smaller than Life.

Graffiti

When I am dead,
I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet,
but his books were read'.

- Hillaire Belloc

This is my letter to the world
That never wrote to me, --
The simple news that Nature told
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!

- Emily Dickinson

The thoughts of our past years
          in me doth breed
Perpetual benediction

- William Wordsworth

Tuesday, October 26, 2004
 
The Badminton Shoulder

Things are not going too well. My Badminton Shoulder has hit me in its worst possible form. If I haven't told you already, I have been down with a Badminton Shoulder for the past few days. If you are still grappling with the newfangled condition let me warn you that afflictions of this genre are strangely contagious. When I had last looked up Cricinfo, Sachin Tendulkar was down with a tennis elbow after having played more cricket than was good for his body. And it generated an incredible amount of hype. I then decided that I too should be conditioning myself to some ailment of the sort. After all, going with the fashion is almost mandatory these days. Providence did not play spoilt sport this time. God generously acceded to my pleas; I was bestowed with a condition of the kind (I am still waiting for the ensuing fame). During a round of frenzied badminton I tried to smash one so hard that the birdie would drill a hole right through the opponent. Instead, it now looks like my shoulder ball has come out of its hole. Occurring just before my mid-terms, the fortuitousness is as timely as the Chepauk rains, and as rare too. But that does not make me toss and turn in my sleep anymore (not that I can really afford to, given the nature of the physical damage). I have begun to sleep blissfully these days, half comforted by the fact that at least I did not play golf and land up with a Badminton Shoulder.



Comments via Blogger:

Post a Comment


 

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Vista © The Jack