Smaller than Life
Why a blog? Simple. Cacoethes Scribendi -- the urge to write! My literary pretensions and caprices bring me here. Like any writer I write to be read. All my posts, though fettered to my small world and trivially myopic, will live and yearn that somebody connects to them someday. Cognitive frenzies, sardonic musings, aimless banters, incoherent ramblings and trivial indulgences; this is simply an episodic narrative of my trivial world -- in a grain of sand… Smaller than Life.

Graffiti

When I am dead,
I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet,
but his books were read'.

- Hillaire Belloc

This is my letter to the world
That never wrote to me, --
The simple news that Nature told
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!

- Emily Dickinson

The thoughts of our past years
          in me doth breed
Perpetual benediction

- William Wordsworth

Friday, November 04, 2005
 
"Fifty-Five"

(With apologies to Madhura for not having found the time and inclination (at the same time) to fulfill her book tag. Writing about favourite books is an onerous task. I hope to do it someday.)

Why fifty-five? Why could he not write a fifty-six word paragraph? He looked at the passage long and hard, scratching his chin with the pen tip. If he changed the 'could he not' in the second sentence to 'couldn't he' he will have his fifty-five, he found. He checked again and smiled. And left it unchanged.



Comments via Blogger:

hi pun-dit,

Is this some kind of self-referential post? I have made up something for you. If you are in the act of turning a corner it would be called pun in turn deed (yes, tenpunded ;). I dedicate this one to my pundit Dili.

Tenpunded! Wah wah! You are still in top form!

You have been tagged in my blog :))

brilliant as ever dude....:)

hey.. tell me one thing.. what is this 55 thing i see these days in all blogs.. and that too on fridays.. tell me before next friday..

Chaosrules: Thanks for the tag. I will write it up as soon as I am freer.

Enigma: Thanks, man!

Anon: If you'd care to leave so much as an initial, why Friday, I will consider telling you before next Thursday.

hey sorry for the anon comment..but i really didn't think it mattered.. i started blogging recently and have figured out that the 55 thingie is a 55word post every friday...anything else about it u oculd tell me..

Post a Comment


 

Credits

Powered by Blogger

Vista © The Jack